MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
According to mentalhealth.gov: Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
We care about your mental health, the mental health of our staff, and our students. That's why we have created this page to provide resources for anyone looking for mental health help or information.
The month of May is recognized as Mental Health Awareness Month.
We've put together a list of resources to help you and your family learn more about the importance of mental health and ways to achieve it.
- 12 Kids Books to Read During Mental Health Awareness Month
- 14 Books to Help Students Understand Mental Health Issues
- 24 Ideas To Celebrate Mental Health Awareness Month (2022)
- Books About Mental Health | The Scholastic Parent Store
- Free Guides on your child's mental health - The Youth Mental Health Project
- NAMI: Mental Health Awareness Month
- MHA: Mental Health Month
- Mental Health Awareness Month 2022 | The Jed Foundation
- Mental Health Awareness Month I The American Academy of Child & Adolescsent Psychiatry
- Mental Health Awareness Month | SAMHSA
- Michigan's Mental Health Resources page on staying well and coping with COVID-19.
- Recommended children's books for Mental Health Awareness Week | Toppsta
- Resources - The Youth Mental Health Project
- Scholastic provides some wonderful resources for children and adults.
Remember, students and families can always reach out to school social workers or counselors for further information and resources.