Welcome to Royal Oak Middle School
Mission: To ensure excellence in learning for all in a supportive environment.
Vision: To create an environment of rigor, relevance, and relationships.
Points of Pride:
- An International Baccalaureate World School with Middle Years Programme class offerings
- School Improvement Plan focused on Social-Emotional Learning, Culturally Responsive Teaching, and Universal Design for Learning
- Accredited through North Central Accreditation (NCA AdvancED)
- A “Professional Learning Community” culture
- Approximately 1150 students
- Grades 6, 7, 8
- Three Counseling/Administrative Teams
- Ten-week marking periods
- Algebra in the eighth grade
- Differentiated instruction
- Counselor and Social Work services
- Extra-curricular activities and clubs
- Intramural and interscholastic sports
- PTA sponsored family activities
- Caring teachers, administrators, and staff
YMCA after-school care possibility
Royal Oak Schools continually explores potential partnerships with community organizations that have the capacity to provide safe, after-school childcare for ROMS students.
This year, ROMS and the South Oakland Family YMCA are asking ROMS families to provide feedback to assist in the decision of whether or not to sponsor an onsite, after-school care program.
If you believe your family might participate if the program were in place, please complete this form to communicate your intentions:
If there is sufficient commitment, the South Oakland Family YMCA will work with Royal Oak Schools to bring the program to ROMS.