Looking to enroll a kindergartner?
Click here for information on the 2022 Kindergarten Information Night.
read your weekly newsletter here
Blessings in a Backpack
In light of the tough economic times facing our area, we are attempting to help Royal Oak Schools families by making sure that all of our children have enough food. “Blessings in a Backpack” is a program designed to provide students with free and reduced lunch with enough food for three meals a day during the weekends. This program, sponsored by the North Woodward Community Foundation and the Meijer Corporation has begun in Royal Oak Schools.
If you agree to take part in this program, during the school year, your child will receive a bag every Friday, filled with food for the weekend. The simple meals may include food like macaroni and cheese, beef ravioli, fruit granola bars, peanut butter, soups, juice, and other items.
If you would like to have your child participate in this program, click on the link, fill out the form, and return it to your child’s school AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Mask and Quarantine Policy
Masks will be required to be worn by all staff, students, and visitors while inside the school building. This is a recommendation that has been made by the Oakland County Health Division.
Follow the new guidelines per the CDC regarding quarantining:
Required to quarantine:
- Close contacts exposed at less than 3-feet of space must quarantine.
- If 3-6 feet of space has been maintained, and one or both were unmasked, then quarantine is also required.
Exclusions from quarantine:
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19* do not need to quarantine or get tested again for up to 3 months if they remain symptom-free. Those who develop symptoms again within 3 months of their first COVID-19 positive test may need to be tested again if no other cause is identified for their symptoms.
- Vaccinated persons* are not required to quarantine if they are more than 14 days since receiving the last dose in the series or have remained asymptomatic since the current COVID-19 exposure.
- If 3-6 feet of space has been maintained, and both were properly masked, the parties do not have to quarantine.
- *If someone is exposed and has tested positive in the past or is vaccinated, proof of that status is required to avoid quarantine. If you do not wish to share that documentation, the maximum recommended, 14-day quarantine period will be enforced.
- We will follow the 10-day reduced quarantine strategy.
- Stay home for 10 days after exposure while wearing a mask and physically distance yourself from others.
- Those who quarantine for 10 days must cooperate with the contact tracing efforts while monitoring for symptoms for two weeks after exposure.
- If symptoms occur, immediately isolate and get a COVID-19 test.
Support the Northwood PTA and get all of your child's school supplies for next year, hassle free! Simply click this link to order today!
Please email Erin Rice with any questions at: email@example.com
June 21: First Day of Summer!!
September 6: First Day of School for Students - half day