young oaks latchkey program
Thank you for your continued patience with us while we navigate these difficult times. We will be preparing to start registration before the tentative in-person school start date of November 6th. We anticipate communication in early fall. We will post to this webpage to notify parents of any planned registration dates prior to the link being posted.
*** Key Fobs ***
If you have a key fob and are not planning to return this year, please see the information below on how to return your key fob:
- There will be a Key Fob Return box located outside of the Addams ECC Door, located at 2222 W. Webster Dr. The box will be out from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday except on Labor Day Weekend. You can also drop the fobs off in the office.
- Key fobs will need to be placed into an envelope and labeled with the student name, parent name and school name. Envelopes should be sealed with tape and not licked closed. Any envelope will work. If you do not have an envelope you can fold up some paper and tape it closed.
- Key fobs cannot be mailed.
This will be an electronic process and the sign up link will be posted on the Early Childhood Center Website Page under Young Oaks Latchkey. Families will be able to put names onto an initial waitlist. Names will be pulled from the waitlist to available slots on a first come, first served basis. Please note all required forms are linked at the bottom of this page.
Please check the Young Oaks Website often for updated 2020-2021 Registration Information.
Space is limited due to licensing guidelines. We cannot guarantee space, it is a first come, first served. All accounts must have a zero balance in order to be accepted into an available space.
Please note the following for the 20.21 school year:
- We no longer have a ‘Flex’ Schedule option available (punch card)
- At this time masks will be required to be worn by the students
- If school is not in session due to inclement weather Young Oaks will be closed.
Before and After School Child Care
The Young Oaks Latchkey Program offers comfortable, supervised before and after school care that includes activities which enhance the child's physical, social, and academic growth. The Young Oaks Program works with the State Licensing Division and must meet the requirements set forth by the State of Michigan. The Young Oaks Program is not to be considered an ‘academic’ program.
Currently sites are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:20 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, on regularly scheduled school days. On late start Wednesdays we will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 9:20 a.m. Currently, the Young Oaks sites include: Addams, Keller, Northwood, Oakland, Oak Ridge, and Upton Elementary Schools.
The Young Oaks program has a site supervisor and fully trained staff at each elementary school site along with an 18:1 student to staff ratio. The program meets the State of Michigan Licensing Guidelines.
2020-21 Fee Schedule - All Schools
Time of service
Full time monthly plan
Part time variable plan
|AM ONLY||$153.00 per month||$11.00 per day|
|PM ONLY||$174.00 per month||$14.00 per day|
|AM and PM||$285.00 per month||$22.00 per day|
- Half Days: $28.00 per day, Siblings $25.00/day
- Full Days: $37.00 per day (7am-6pm), Siblings $33.00/day
- Full Break Week: $185.00 per week per child; Siblings $167.00/week
- Registration fee is $50.00 per family.
- Other fees may apply.
INFORMATION for the 2020-2021 School Year:
Students being registered for the Young Oaks Program must be enrolled in a Royal Oak School and attending a class between Developmental Kindergarten and Fifth Grade. Parents must complete required forms as well as supply the yearly registration fee in order to complete their student’s registration process at the Addams Early Childhood Center. You must have a zero balance in any Early Childhood Program to register.
Required Form Completion - All Students:
Child Emergency Sheet (be sure all fields are filled in. Please write "NONE" in any blank box. N/A is not acceptable by the State.
Please submit all forms to the Early Childhood Center located at 2222 W. Webster once you have been notified that you are officially enrolled.