A PTA Council is a coordinating body that promotes communication and cooperation among specific units and increases the capacity for service because of their unified strength.
The Objects of the Royal Oak PTA Council, in common with those of National PTA and Michigan PTA are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.