Instructional Swim Program
Open Swim Program at Royal Oak Middle School
Monday and Thursday evenings - september 8, 2015 through march 5, 2016
- Monday's 7:30 - 8:30 p.m. for children and adults; 8:30 - 9:45 p.m. for adults only
- Thursday's 8:45 - 10:00 p.m. for adults only
There are lap lanes available during adult only hours.
New Open Swim Hours Begin March 7th and run through June 16, 2016
- Monday Evenings 7:00 - 8:15 p.m. for children & adults; 8:15 - 9:30 for adults only
- Tuesday Evenings 7:00 - 8:15 p.m. for children & adults; 8:15 - 9:30 for adults only
- Thursday evenings 7:00 - 8:15 p.m. for children & adults; 8:15 - 9:30 for adults only
So you want to be a lifeguard? American red cross lifeguard training
Classes will begin on Tuesday, March 22 and run through May 31st at Royal Oak Middle School from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. The cost is $180 and that includes the book fee. Registration for this course will take place on March 12 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. and March 16 from 5:15 - 6:30 p.m. at Royal Oak High School.
- Everyone: $5.00 (5 and under free)
- Senior Citizens: Free with pass for city residents (retired and minimum age 60). Passes are available at the Continuing Education Office at Churchill.
- Discount punch cards are available for $40 for 10 visits. Cards can be purchased at the pool during open swim.
General Information for Swimmers
Equipment needed: Bathing suit, towel, and lock to secure clothing or valuables. The School District is not responsible for lost property. No flotation devices are allowed in the pool.
PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
Participants are expected to follow all Royal Oak Schools policies and procedures, including posted pool rules. Participants are expected to be courteous to other facility users. The following actions will not be tolerated and may be cause for suspension or termination of all privileges and/or legal prosecution:
1. Harassment, intimidation, or similar actions towards patrons or staff.
2. Vulgar, obscene, abusive, derogatory, taunting, or demeaning comments and/or gestures.
3. Destructive, dangerous or hazardous behavior to people, equipment or facilities.
4. Failure to obey directives of lifeguards or pool supervisor.